SALMON RIVER, N.S. – Two tenants were displaced and are being helped by the Canadian Red Cross with emergency lodging, meals and the purchase of clothing following a fire Saturday night.
The blaze broke out just past 10 p.m. at an apartment complex at 1484 East Prince Street, in Salmon River.
“The fire was fully involved, flames at the back part of the structure where there were three of the units,” said Salmon River Volunteer Fire Brigade chief Blaine McNutt in a release.
All tenants were evacuated but were later allowed to return home except for two who occupied apartments at the rear of the building where the damage occurred.
No one was injured.
McNutt praised the quick response of Salmon River firefighters as well as Valley-Kemptown Fire, Bible Hill Fire and Truro Fire. RCMP were also on scene to assist.