TRURO — An attack by at least three boys on another youth earlier this week in Truro is under investigation by the Truro Police.
“It’s an open investigation,” Sgt. Stephen VanHerk said. “We’ve been getting a lot of tips on it.”
VanHerk said the assault occurred sometime either late last Saturday night or early Sunday on Inglis Place.
In a video posted to Facebook, a boy walks cautiously toward a group of others. He holds his hand to the right side of his face as if he had already been struck.
Another taller male is then seen walking towards the victim, who starts to back up.
“No, don’t,” he can be heard saying to the boy he is facing. Then, another boy comes running in from the side and starts repeatedly pummeling the victim in his ribs and head, at which point the taller youth also begins punching and kicking the boy, who is trying to protect his head and face with his hands.
A third boy then joins the fray and also starts punching and kicking the victim, who by this point is screaming. After what appears to be a total of at least 30 punches and blows, the offenders run away, leaving the youth lying on the sidewalk outside the ScotiaBank building.
“If you jump a boy with special needs who did NOTHING wrong,” reads another post about the attack, “you’re automatically a disgusting human being. He did not deserve what happened to him whatsoever,” the post says, before going on to name four individuals.
VanHerk said no other information was immediately available other than that the suspects have been identified.