A Lower Onslow couple were able to grab their pets before fleeing from their burning bungalow in Lower Onslow early Friday morning.
When the couple woke up, around 1 a.m. on Oct. 19, and decided to put another log in the fireplace, they noticed an unusual sound. A chimny fire had spread into the wall and attic of their home on Highway 4..
They got out with their pets, and a few clothes
Disaster volunteers with the Canadian Red Cross have helped with with emergency lodging, meals and other basics.
No one was injured.