Top News

Alarms sound at Truro Boston Pizza after cooling vent malfunction

Gas leak at Truro Boston Pizza.
Cobequid firefighters responded to Boston Pizza on Thursday afternoon.

TRURO, N.S. – A malfunction to a cooling vent triggered a heating sensor and led to fire alarms going off at Boston Pizza on Robie Street on Thursday afternoon.

Cobequid Fire Department responded to the Truro restaurant during the noon hour.

“We’ve remedied the issue,” said restaurant owner Jason Williams.

Firefighters were on scene for just a short time, and the restaurant is open again for business.

It was reported that firefighters were called to scene because of a suspected gas leak, however, Williams said that wasn’t the case.

“There was no gas leak," he said.

"It was a heat issue as a result of a cooling malfunction."

Recent Stories