Top News

Stewiacke fire guts two-storey home

Stewiacke Fire Department
Stewiacke Fire Department

STEWIACKE – A Stewiacke family is staying with relatives after their two-storey house was gutted by fire late Saturday morning.

No one was home when the fire occurred. It was reported at about 10:45 p.m., at 2 St. Andrew’s Street, Stewiacke.

The couple and their two young boys, age four and seven, were with relatives, pending an insurance claim. They are being helped by disaster volunteers from the Canadian Red Cross with emergency purchases, such as clothing and food. A Red Cross team also provided blankets, personal-care kits and plush comfort toys for the children.

Recent Stories