Top News

Local church chasing success of popular card contest


TRURO – A local church is hoping to capitalize on Inverness's recent Chase the Ace frenzy and raise funds for its youth program.

Immaculate Conception Church in Truro is starting a Chase the Ace contest, all in support of its local youth. The kick-off was last Sunday - and as luck would have it the ace was drawn the first day.

The contest is starting over at the church, with tickets on sale Saturday and Sunday at $5 each. The winning ticket holder doesn't have to be on site to draw a card, someone will be designated to draw, if needed.

Ticket sales at the church are between 5 and 6 p.m. Saturdays, and 10 to 11 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sundays. The draw is done at 6 p.m. Sunday at the church hall.

If the ticket holder doesn't pull the ace of spades, he or she takes home 20 per cent of ticket sales that week. The jackpot is worth 30 per cent of total ticket sales, and the ticket holder also walks away with that weekly 20 per cent. The remaining 50 per cent stays with the youth program.

Recent Stories