Top News

Charges withdrawn against woman accused in connection with Millbrook murder

Charges withdrawn against Truro woman in connection with Millbrook murder.
Charges withdrawn against Truro woman in connection with Millbrook murder. - FILE GRAPHIC

TRURO, N.S.

A charge against a Truro woman of being accessory to the murder of a Millbrook man on Easter Sunday has been withdrawn by the Crown.

Grace Marie Scott, 35, had been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder by allegedly helping accused murderer Kevin Sylliboy try to escape following the April 1 death of Jamie Blair, 46.

No details for the withdrawal were provided. When asked outside the courtroom about the change in proceedings and whether Scott may become a future witness against Syliboy, Crown attorney Alison Brown said she could not make immediate comment.

“Not at this point,” she said. “Future court appearances may make it clear. At this point I am not going to discuss that.”

During a recent bail hearing, the Crown and Scott’s defence attorney jointly made a rare request for “safety” reasons to ban publication of the name of her surety as well as the location where she is staying.

“This is a bit of an unusual request,” Halifax criminal defence lawyer James Giacomantonio said, at the time.

“It is a joint request from the defence and the Crown to not have the information read on the record today in the interest of justice,” he said. “There is an ongoing investigation.”

Sylliboy, who is charged with second-degree murder, is scheduled to return to court on June 12.

Recent Stories