Top News

More than meets the eye

A simple picture of a ‘nice fire’ showed more than just flames. It would appear two faces – a man’s and a woman’s – can be seen in the smoke and flames just above the fire. Do you see them?
A simple picture of a ‘nice fire’ showed more than just flames. It would appear two faces – a man’s and a woman’s – can be seen in the smoke and flames just above the fire. Do you see them?

A quick photo captured the memory of a good night – and perhaps more

MOUNT THOM, N.S. - Sylvie Currie and her family were burning a pile of brush for her father-in-law late one Monday evening.

As they piled brush onto the burning fire, Colin, Currie’s partner, snapped a photo of it.

On the way home, Colin took his phone out and showed Currie the photo of the fire and remarked how cool it looked. And not just for the raging flames.

“Look, there’s a face!” she yelled as she looked at the picture.

Sitting near the top of the flames in the photo was an outline of a woman’s face composed of smoke.

“I saw it as soon as I looked at the photo,” said Currie on seeing the face.

“It was creepy! It just crept me out because it was so noticeable. You can see everything.”

The “lady” in the fire wasn’t the only face discernible in the photo though. Slightly above the first face, to the right, was what looked to be a side profile of an older man.

“We saw a few faces in the fire,” said Currie.

“We didn’t see them in the fire ourselves, but they are very clear in the photo.”

It’s most certainly just an entertaining coincidence of course, but Currie said they joked about it being ghosts or spirits. And the timing – with Halloween less than two weeks off – makes for some interesting assumptions.

“I just thought it was a cool photo, and I wanted to share it with everyone,” she said.

“It was really neat though; I really like those types of things.”

For another, perhaps clearer look at the photo, go to trurodaily.com

cody.mceachern@trurodaily.com

Recent Stories