Annual competition, show open to all visual artists across Nova Scotia
The Truro Art Society (TAS) is inviting all visual artists in Nova Scotia to help them celebrate spring by entering the annual Art in Bloom competition and show.
The program is open to all media (painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, glass, fabric/fibre art) and each artist may submit up to three original pieces of work.
This year in memory of a gifted TAS member, the Carol MacFadyen Award — a new prize of $100 — will go to best TAS member entry. Other prizes to be awarded include:
• First Place –$200
• Second Place –$150
• Third Place – $100
• People’s Choice Award – $50, selected by public votes, awarded on June 27
Entry requirements for the competition are as follows:
• All artwork to have a floral theme and must be original, not previously shown.
• Each artist may submit up to three original pieces of 2D or 3D art.
• Open to all media (painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, glass, fabric/fibre art).
• Framed work must be equipped with D-rings or screw eyes and wire; no sawtooth hangers, staples or duct tape.
• Please submit a single page artist bio for the exhibition book.
• Artwork must be delivered to the McCarthy Art Gallery on May 24, between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. No registrations will be accepted after that.
The registration fee for Art in Bloom is $20 for TAS members and $25 for non-members. Membership is open to all Nova Scotians, artists and patrons.
Art in Bloom runs from May 27 till June 27 at the McCarthy Art Gallery, NSCC, 36 Arthur St., Truro. The opening reception announcement of winners will be held on May 31 from 2 to 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Exhibitions Coordinator Karen Keyes at 902-843-9580 or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit online at http://truroartsociety.ca.