ABERCROMBIE - Wade Quinn lay under a tree in his yard and watched as an inspector went through the charred remains of what was once his home in Abercrombie.
© ADAM MACINNIS – THE NEWS
Wade Quinn stands in front of his home in Abercrombie that burned overnight Saturday.
It caught fire overnight Saturday and Quinn lost everything.
“We got out with nothing, but the clothes on our backs,” he said.
But Monday he had only positive things to talk about.
He is thankfully that his son Gregory woke up and was able to get him and the dogs out of the house in the few minutes before the home was completely engulfed in flames.
He’s thankful too for the support he’s received since then from the Red Cross. They were there at 3 a.m. Saturday morning to offer assistance including clothes, a place to stay and certificates for food.
“I don’t know what we would have done without the Red Cross,” Quinn said.
In another expression of kindness, Quinn said a neighbour walked up and just handed him $100.
There was insurance on the home.