NEW MINAS - The restaurant was closed, but the drive-thru was open for New Minas firefighters June 27.
Crews were called to the McDonalds on the village's Commercial Street just after 2 p.m.
According to fire Chief James Redmond, an electrical fire burned up a current transformer in the restaurant's electrical room.
Redmond said there was no other damage and no one was injured, but the restaurant had to be evacuated temporarily, and the entrances off the street blocked off.
Unlike the fat fire that closed the Coldbrook location June 18, it was a short job for firefighters. The alarm came in at 2:12 p.m. and firefighters were clear of the scene by around 2:45 p.m.
The restaurant will remain closed until Nova Scotia Power can get there to make whatever repairs are necessary. Power crews were expected to arrive around 3:30 p.m.