TRURO – Word around town that students were being sent home from a local school due to their dress code is “not true” says a school board representative.
Debbie Buott-Matheson, communications manager for Chignecto-Central Regional School Board, told the Truro Daily News Friday morning that rumours of students being sent home from Truro Junior High School for wearing shorts was “not true.”
Buott-Matheson said some students arrived at school this week in “more warmer, summer” type of clothes and they were asked by the school to consider wearing something “more appropriate” the next day.
“No one was told they had to go home,” but some parents chose to have their children change after consultation with the school, she said.
An unnamed man claiming to be the father of a Truro Junior High School student left a message with the Truro Daily News Friday morning indicating his daughter was one of more than 50 girls who had been sent home.