TRURO - An annual tradition of welcoming a new year with friends and the community will be going strong throughout Colchester County on New Year's Day.
There are a number of levees taking place. Some of them include:
- Town of Truro's levee at council chambers on Prince Street. The event will take place on the third floor of the civic building from noon to 1 p.m.
- Salmon River Fire Brigade's levee is between noon and 2 p.m. in that community's fire hall. Refreshments will be served and entertainment will be offered by Countrified.
- The Stewiacke Valley Historical Society will host their levee from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the museum on 5445 Highway 289.
- The Town of Stewiacke's gathering will include snacks and refreshments from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
at the Stewiacke Legion on George Street.
- The Masonic Lodge levee will take place at 143 Pictou Rd. in Bible Hill between noon and 1 p.m.
- Stewiacke Valley Historical Society's levee is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the museum. 5445 Hwy. 289.
- Royal Canadian Legion, Truro. 1 to 4 p.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 64, Queen Street, Tatamagouche, noon to 2 p.m.
- Tatamagouche Fire Department, Church Street, 2 to 4 p.m.