TRURO – Colchester County plans to celebrate 2013 in style this year. Here is a list of New Year's Day levees:
* Town of Truro, third floor council chambers, Civic Building, Prince Street, noon to 1 p.m.
* The Stewiacke Valley Historical Society will be hosting a New Year's Day Levee, Jan. 1, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., everyone welcome.
* Bible Hill village hall, 1 to 2 p.m.
* Salmon River fire hall, noon to 2 p.m., clam chowder and eggnog will be served, live entertainment.
* Debert Royal Canadian Legion, noon to 1 p.m. followed by a dance from 2 to 6 p.m.
* Royal Canadian Legion, Truro, 1 to 4 p.m. in the Brunswick Street auditorium.
* Royal Canadian Legion, Tatamagouche, noon to 2 p.m.
* Tatamagouche Fire Department fire hall, 2 to 4 p.m.
* Stewiacke Town Levee, New Years Day from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Public Works building.
* Some groups that traditionally host levees were unable to submit their information prior to press time. Check www.trurodaily.com for an up-to-date list.