TRURO - No one was injured following a flue fire Tuesday night on Salter Avenue.
Truro firefighters were called to the residence just before 7:30 p.m. and were able to extinguish the fire fairly quickly.
The fire had extended into a wall in the house as well as the attic.
"It's that time of year and residents are reminded to make sure they have a clean chimney and they only burn clean, dry wood," said fire chief Blois Currie.
The Bible Hill Fire Department was called for stand by, and the Canadian Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Firefighters also responded to a flue fire on Prince Street Wednesday morning and quickly extinguished the fire before it did much damage to the home.