Snowfall warning for Colchester County - cancellations

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Snowfall warning

 

Environment Canada:

Snow beginning by this afternoon will give between 15 to 25 cm by Thursday morning.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A low pressure system near Cape Cod this morning will pass south of Nova Scotia tonight and will move east of the region on Thursday. Snow will develop over Southwestern Nova Scotia this morning and spread northeastward during the day reaching Cape Breton by evening. Over Southwestern Nova Scotia and along parts of the Atlantic coast the snow will likely change to rain at times. The highest snowfall amounts are likely to be for inland areas of Central and Western Nova Scotia where between 15 and 25 cm are possible by Thursday morning. Over northern sections and where snow changes to rain along the coast up to 15 cm are possible. In addition strong northeast winds will develop this afternoon giving reduced visibilities in blowing snow.

Link: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?ns11

Cancellations:

 

The January 12, 2011 Regular Meeting of the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board has been postponed due to the inclement weather forecast for later today.  

The meeting has been rescheduled to Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. and will take place in the CCRSB boardroom, 60 Lorne Street, Truro, NS

 

Geographic location: Nova Scotia, Colchester County, Cape Cod Cape Breton Atlantic Central and Western Nova Scotia

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • Gwen
    January 12, 2011 - 20:08

    May I just point out the fact that our school board is thinking about keeping schools open even if bus service is cancelled due to inclement weather and yet this same school board postponed the meeting scheduled for tonight (a meeting about this very topic) due to inclement weather....hmmm, if they aren't willing to risk it, why should we be expected to risk taking our children in it??? I think this action should answer the question for them.

  • wondering
    January 12, 2011 - 11:16

    I assume the school board believes there will be minimal turnout to the meeting tonight and it is important to avoid possible hazards for those people trying to get there. However, shouldn't they board members still attend for those who can make it. Isn't this the same School Board looking into having teachers report to schools during snow days when turnout is also likely to be minimal. If it's good for the goose....