Backhoe blamed for causing gas leak at Dartmouth, N.S., fast-food restaurant

The Canadian Press ~ The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

DARTMOUTH,. N.S. - Digging by a backhoe likely caused a gas leak that shut down one of Dartmouth's major arteries.
A Halifax fire spokesman said the leak Monday was probably caused by the heavy machine striking a gas line.
Firefighters were called to the leak at a McDonald's restaurant on Nantucket Avenue shortly before 10 a.m.
The restaurant was evacuated and police closed the street leading to the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge.
Firefighters used a water hose to help disperse the vapours until Heritage Gas workers could clamp the line at another location.

Organizations: McDonald's

Geographic location: Dartmouth, Nantucket Avenue

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page