Mark your calendar for the biggest show yet as the Colchester County Home Show kicks off the start to the building and renovation season Apr. 11 to13 at the Rath Eastlink Community Centre.
Visitors will find all the products that make a house a home at this year’s show, which brings together the leaders of the homebuilding, renovation and related industries under one roof to help consumers make informed decisions about their home-based projects.
The 2014 edition of the Colchester County Home Show has a variety of exciting features for visitors to take advantage of, including:
• lots of door prizes to be won, including a Northern Lights fire table by Kozy Heat (valued at $2,500) courtesy of LL Masonry, Stoves and Fireplaces; a Windmill outdoor fire pit (retail value $700) courtesy of Re/Max and Shaw Brick; and a $500 gift certificate from Harris Home Hardware or a Peter Kohler Entrance System.
• a complimentary “All You Need is Cheese” seminar, presented by the Dairy Farmers of Canada (taking place throughout the weekend).
• cake samples courtesy of the Atlantic Superstore in Truro on Apr. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the Cat Country on-site radio broadcast.
• the latest models from Hollis Ford, the official vehicle sponsor of the Colchester County Home Show.
• a barbecue demo and samples with the Big Green Egg, presented by LL Masonry, Stoves and Fireplaces on Apr. 12 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 2 p.m. till 4 p.m. (weather permitting).
Show hours are Apr. 11, 4 to 9 p.m.; Apr. 12, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Apr. 13, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Show admission is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors (65+), $4 for juniors (10-16), and children under 10 are free.