STEWIACKE – A Stewiacke business was one of 35 small businesses to receive support from the Nova Scotia Business Development Program on Thursday.
Full Line Enterprises, a hydraulic equipment and supplies company, will receive $499.99 from the program which encourages small business start-ups and helps existing businesses expand. A total of $250,000 was contributed to businesses in every region of the province this year.
Rebates for approved services are 50 per cent of costs, to a maximum of $10,000.
The funds help businesses with things such as:
* improving operational efficiencies
* identifying new markets and commerce opportunities
* helping export internationally
* developing online marketing strategies
* business succession planning
* market research and business plan development
* advertising and promotional plans
* fiscal management tools
For more information on the Nova Scotia Business Development Program visit www.gov.ns.ca/econ/nsbdp/ .